Hardwood Refinish benefits
Hardwood Flooring is a very popular option for many great reasons, and I will go over those reasons for you. Hardwood floors come in a variety of species, finishes, thicknesses, & widths, so you are bound to find a color & species that will really bring together your entire home and leave you very happy with the final result.
- Hardwood will perform better than carpet would in areas of the home that have a higher volume of traffic such as stairs or entryways, this is due to the fact of the wood’s natural hardness. Please keep in mind that wood is not the best option if you are looking for something that isn’t susceptible to water or moisture damage and rather considers an option such as a luxury vinyl plank.
- Hardwood flooring year after year has been the preferred flooring choice for home buyers. Someone looking to buy a home is willing to pay more for the same exact home if it has hardwood floors in it. Hardwood has proven to increase home value and increase the look and feel of a home, it is looked at as a premium flooring option. Depending upon if you purchase a solid hardwood floor or Engineered, you will be able to refinish that floor anywhere from 3-5 times (Will Vary Case by Case).
- A great benefit of being able to refinish your floors is that you can also stain the hardwood floors to a color of your liking to fit in the new trends that come with time.
- Engineered woods, for the most part, cannot be re-finished unless the product has a thick enough top wood layer to allow. A good solid hardwood floor can last you a lifetime if you take good care of it and depending on how often you go about refinishing the wood. Hardwood floors can transform the look of a home and take it to the next level especially with all the colors, species, and wire brushed options to choose from. Keep in mind that hardwood flooring is a natural product so no two floors will ever be identical to each other, the grains, colors, and knots will be different.
- Many manufacturers’ websites allow you to see the hardwood you choose in showroom in a larger picture for you to get a better idea of what it will look like in larger areas where the wood was installed. Hardwood floors are timeless and will always be a staple in the flooring industry.
If you have any other questions about hardwood flooring feel free to give us a call and one of our flooring pros will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.